The incumbent serves as a technical expert for issues and concerns regarding specific transportation modes, including data management, analysis, stakeholder inquiries, and regulatory representation; works as an active team member on the development, production, publication and distribution Division's publications, including its open-data visualization platform; and plans, leads, and carries out special projects, to include independent economic research, and AMS staff work.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve in a leadership capacity as the division economist responsible for initiating and finalizing economic analyses in support of the division?s mission.
- Assume full technical responsibility for the interpretation and application of research findings and develops and presents recommendations based on the findings.
- Serve as a technical expert for agricultural transportation and related economic issues, including analysis, stakeholder inquiries, and regulatory representation, requiring knowledge and application.
- Lead project teams and works as an active team member in the development, production, publication, and distribution of the Division's publications.
- Represent the division in dealings with other USDA Agencies or Government Departments, industry representatives, academia, and other organizations for promoting harmonious relations and cooperation.
- Actively participate in trade shows, seminars, and conferences through participation and presentation of information promoting the activities of the Division and Transportation and Marketing Program.
- Conduct analyses and studies by defining the problem accurately, gathering information and data from primary and secondary sources, utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis.
- Provide background, issue, briefing, and various topical economic papers to the Division Director and/or Deputy Director and senior-level policy makers.
- Utilize state-of-the-art information technology software and systems for assigned projects; develops and maintains a repository of data for use in economic analyses and a library of computer programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603708800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.