This position is located on the Klamath National Forest, Salmon/Scott River Ranger District in Fort Jones, CA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent develops annual work plans and administers short range plans involving developed recreation, wilderness trails and activities, special uses, scenery management, and a pack stock program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Michael Boles at 530-468-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan new construction of wilderness trails, parking areas, trailhead facilities, campgrounds, picnic areas, parking areas, and access roads in consultation with other resource personnel.
- Implement recreation plan objectives for the full range of recreation uses.
- Process special use applications including on-the-ground investigations of site suitability and preparation of associated environmental assessment reports.
- Assist in providing program input into the overall natural resources management planning process.
- Prepare recreation and scenic resource specialist reports in graphic and written form for a variety of management activities.
- Develop environmental documents concerning proposed recreational sites, wilderness, wilderness trails, and special uses.
- Use applicable databases to maintain Unit information in order to monitor recreation resources program activities.
- Communicate program information to the public regarding management practices, rules, and regulations.
- Work with law enforcement agencies to ensure compliance with federal law and regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of approved resource management plans for natural resource projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend training, meetings, and project related work.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603693500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.