The incumbent serves as an Agricultural Marketing Specialist, conducting complaint investigations for the Agricultural Marketing Service's (AMS) National Organic Program's (NOP) Compliance and Enforcement Division. The NOP may select multiple hires for this position.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the validity of complaints using NOP regulation 7 CFR 205 and Organic Foods Production Act (OFPA) to prevent unfair trade practices, protect and preserve free and open competition and prevent chicanery and product misrepresentation.
- Conduct investigations of alleged complaints, trade practices, and violations of the NOP regulation and OFPA.
- Assist with the execution of investigative policies, practices, procedures, methodologies, and techniques concerning cases of violations of the regulation by accredited certifying agents, producers, handlers and State Organic Programs.
- Assist in the development of NOP compliance and enforcement policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - Estimated <10% travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603683600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.