THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: G1, Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTARNG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTARNG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTARNG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
The selected applicant for this position will be appointed upon the vacancy of the incumbent.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, direct, and implement the medical readiness administrative programs of the state and provide oversight for the other programs located in the Office of the State Surgeon.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages the medical readiness program of the state, which includes planning, coordinating, and providing guidance to all medical resources within the state.
- Develops, plans, coordinates, and institutes medical policies to implement higher-level directives and federal law to provide optimum guidance and support to subordinate organizations.
- Represents the State Surgeon as the principal full-time medical advisor to The Adjutant General, Component Commanders, the Chief of Staff, and other directorate level staff elements, and as a liaison with all State, NGB, and Federal organizations concerning medical matters.
- Manages all resources budgeted to the state for medical programs.
- Supervises Preventive Medicine Section personnel.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603675600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.