This position is located Angeles National Forest, San Gabriel Mountains National Monument.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent carries out a variety of project plans in support of the unit recreation program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact David Cline at email@example.com or 626-771-7869.
- Provide detailed information about recreation opportunities to Forest visitors and explain the Forest Service rules and regulations
- Perform minor construction on recreation facilities and trails as assigned by supervisor
- Oversee that recreation area and trails are maintained in accordance with recreation program plan
- Ensure recreation sites and areas with one or two major uses are operated and maintained in accordance with operation and maintenance plans
- Establish schedules for daily activities, maintenance and inspections for cleanup operations based on recreation operation and maintenance plans
- Provide information to visitors regarding recreation use regulations on the unit.
- Monitor wilderness area for use and maintenance in order to report issues
- Patrol wilderness to ensure areas are operated, used and maintained in accordance with Wilderness Management Plan
- Perform safety hazard analyses of public recreation use areas in order to take or recommend corrective action.
- Install and maintain information boards, travel signs, regulatory signs and other signs associated with recreation sites, travel management and safety
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and/or meetings. Also, project related work.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603670400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.