The purpose of the position is to review, analyze, and promote awareness of enterprise wide HHS and internal CDC information technology (IT) security and/or system development life cycle (SDLC) policies and standards.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN) you will:
- Coordinate activities to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities.
- Draft guidelines and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility.
- Conduct systems security evaluations, reviews, drafts guides, procedures and policies to ensure that users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security measures.
- Participate in the development of systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development, maintenance, and/or operations of networked systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position; up to 5% domestically.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603665900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.