This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Serves as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC/Network Services) on a U.S Army Cyber Protection Team (CPT) in the U.S. Army Cyber Protection Brigade (CPB).
- Utilize hands-on knowledge and experience installing, operating, maintaining, configuring, testing and securing hardware and software based routers, switches, firewalls, and various operating systems.
- Provide feedback on network security requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure; integrate new network security systems into existing network architecture.
- Analyze and interpret provided network diagrams, run local scanning software, and encompass sensor related data to create logical, physical and persona based diagrams utilized by the CPT during missions.
- Survey and evaluate network traffic, identify baselines to facilitate locating adverse network trends, anomalous traffic or malicious cyberspace activity (MCA).
- Recognize ineffective practices or procedures, security device equipment shortcomings, and recommend solutions.
- Serve as DCO network analyst whose responsibilities include the development of Army/DoD defense countermeasures, threat/vulnerability analysis, friendly network forces prioritization, operational assessment and threat mitigation.
- Assess the effectiveness of clearing and hardening actions by replicating threat intrusion actions to ensure vulnerabilities were mitigated.
- Attend SCI/VTC meetings and working groups, which requires routine and recurring access to Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) materials, equipment, facilities and programs.
Occasional travel - Up to 30% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603644500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.