The position is located in the Security and Governance Branch, Information Technology Division, Office of the Executive Director, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA/EX/IT).Learn more about this agency
- Manages and develops the framework for cyber and information security programmatic and oversight responsibilities that cross ECA, supported PD Bureaus, NGOs, and IRM.
- Serves as the principal advisor to ECA and PD senior management , program/project managers, and ISSOs on all cyber and information security matters, budgetary and program planning needed to support cybersecurity programs.
- Manages Branch operations, exercising responsibility for some of the following: (1) plans the work to be accomplished by subordinates; (2) advises, counsels, and instructs employees; and (3) evaluates work performance by subordinates.
- For contracted work, analyzes benefits and cost of accomplishing work in-house versus contracting; recommends whether to contract; provides technical requirements and descriptions of the work to be accomplished; provides technical advice as needed.
- Oversees/performs the full range of IT governance functions for ECA’s and PD’s IT operations , including planning and analyses of IT projects , programs, and services; strategic alignment of IT with the organization’s mission.
- As a senior technical authority on IT policy, planning, and analysis, provides authoritative guidance to senior stakeholders and groups throughout the PD community. Click to edit Responsibility Click to remove Responsibility.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603626800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.