This position is located in the Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management in the Office of Occupational Medical and Nursing (OOMN).
- This position is inside the Bargaining unit - Local 12.
- Additional selections may be made if authorized.
- This position is at the Full Performance level.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties Include:
- Participates in developing and supports the agency’s COVID testing and tracking program.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the agency's MAO program; Supports the development and delivery of courses at OSHA's Training Institute and other forums; technical and professional writing skills to describe activities, communicate both to OSHA staff and to staff in other agencies, publish data, review documents; responsible for the provision of technical guidance and assistance to various concerned entities throughout the Agency.
- Basic knowledge of practices in administration and program management and policies and directives development; professional knowledge of epidemiology, toxicology, biochemistry and allied health sciences; professional knowledge of occupational health principles, concepts, standards, and practices; technical assistance to OSHA's National Office and regional offices, individuals and other federal and state agencies.
- Participates in field investigations to provide technical support to facility staff; Reviews, analyzes and make recommendations on policies, draft standards, compliance directives, instructions, guidelines; prepares data for analysis to support program evaluation, individual investigations, and new knowledge concerning enforcement interests; maintains the system of records for OSHA MAO program.
- Prepares data for analysis to support program evaluation; supports the development and delivery of courses at OSHA's Training Institute; comprehension of occupational health concepts, principles and practices to understand and evaluate issues; provides appropriate medical guidance in accessing and acquiring employee medical records; collection, review and analysis of information relevant to evaluation ,planning, and conduct of studies and special projects.
- Works with individual CSHOs in the field to providing assistance in their efforts to acquire needed employee medical records; provide training to OSHA employees and representatives from the public as the need arises; recognizes opportunities, makes recommendations and implements changes to improve methods in handling MAO requests; work with individual CSHOs and solicitors.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required at times.
13 - This position is at the Full Performance Level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603624900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.