This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Weather Forecast Office (WFO), with one vacancy in each listed location: Cheyenne, WY; St. Charles, MO; Lincoln, IL; and Rapid City, SD.Learn more about this agency
As an Electronics Technician, you will perform the following duties:
- Perform technical services including maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, operation and testing of a full range of electronic systems.
- Develop and devise improvements and alterations to complex technical equipment, instruments or software, including modifying and conducting complex tests and analyzing the results.
- Administer and maintain Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), microcomputers, and associated hardware and software.
- Serve as technical focal point for maintenance on most systems and equipment for assigned local and remote areas.
- Install and configure a variety of operating systems environment and applications including hubs, switches, routers, workstations and desktops.
These duties are described at the full performance level of the GS-11; the GS-10 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
11 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603601300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.