THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
DUTY LOCATION: Inspector General (IG) Office, Middletown, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area I: All On Board Federal Employees (T5), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
- Area II: All On Board Federal Dual-Status Military Technicians (T32), Tenure 0,1,2,3 within the CTNG with U.S. citizenship.
- Area III: All current Federal Employees from any agency.
- Area IV: All U.S. Citizens
This National Guard position is for a DETAILED INSPECTOR GENERAL (Title 5), Position Description Number T5233P01 and is part of the CT JFHQ Army, National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the position is to report to the State/JFHQ IG on discipline, efficiency, morale, economy, training, and readiness of the State National Guard. Provides assistance to Soldiers, Airmen, and their family members on a wide range of issues and subjects.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in DOD/DA/DAF State inspections, inquiries, and investigations to perform review, analysis, evaluation, staffing and coordination.
- Conducts investigations of allegations made and problems or deficiencies identified during the course of inspecting State or unit operations relating to areas assigned.
- Develops/interprets policies and published guidance throughout the State and to the IG.
- Prepares and reviews periodic and recurring IG reports and analyses of deficiency trends for the State and presents these trends to the IG and state leadership.
- During on-site visit, conducts interviews and data gathering assignments in the administrative and management areas.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603596800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.