About the Position: Serves as the District Security Manager and Chief, Security and Law Enforcement Office (S&LE) and is responsible for all matters pertaining to S&LE, in connection with its civil and military programs.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- Plans and coordinates procedures for implementation of the District's Information Security Program.
- As a member of the Commander's staff briefs and advises commander, commander's deputies and the civilian staff on the status of District security and law enforcement matters.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls all security and law enforcement actions taken by District line and staff elements to ensure conformance to regulations, directives, and policies.
- Plans, develops and implements the Districts physical security program for the District including concrete and earthfilled dams, levees, warehouses, and construction field sites.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls procedures for establishing priorities for expending resources for the protection of District assets and facilities.
- Establishes, maintains and conducts a physical security survey/inspection program ensuring that all District assets are continually monitored to ensure standards for safeguarding personnel, facilities, equipment, operating, and material are met.
- Provide staff management and supervision of the District personnel security program including security clearances, personnel reliability and classified access programs.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on job descriptions and work priorities.
- Serves as the District's System Security Manager (SSM) for the Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS).
Occasional travel - TDY = 10% per year, Inspect sites for security.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603572600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.