You will serve as an Aerospace Flight Systems Engineer at Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LALearn more about this agency
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Oversee execution of manufacturing and production test requirements for vehicle flight systems, assemblies, and components.
- Oversee the work of multi-disciplinary professionals managing aerospace flight systems, vehicles, and enabling tooling, equipment and systems.
- Define requirements; develop hardware/software; conduct qualification/acceptance testing, verify/validate vehicle flight hardware components/systems; assess risk/safety, and resolve hardware processing/testing issues.
- Develop/deliver briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to managers to foster understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Monitor performance of flight systems manufacture, support production and associated readiness activities, and report on progress leading to the production, delivery and certification of flight hardware systems.
- Develop/prepare manufacturing and production test plans and test methods; make recommendations about issues that enable efficient in-process test campaigns and verifiable anomaly resolution.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603550600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.