If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked the number one mid-size agency in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings!Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid. Join us and help make a difference!
Looking to make an impact? Why not join one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government? The Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR) is looking for the right candidates to join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). We want motivated and engaged individuals who want to serve the public interest, working on regulatory and competitive market issues for the natural gas pipeline, oil pipeline, and electric industries. You will gain valuable work experience and the career boost you are looking for, while working in a dynamic and fast changing industry. Join us to help shape the future of energy markets.
FERC's mission is to ensure reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services for consumers. Using regulatory and market approaches, we work to make sure that consumers pay just and reasonable rates for their energy needs and to promote safe, reliable, secure, and efficient energy infrastructure.
This position is located in the Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR)/Division of Electric Power Regulation-West, which has responsibility over electric markets in the Western Interconnection, as well as the Commission's market-based rate and corporate programs.
FERC is rated by Bestplacestowork.org as one of the top 10 federal agencies to work for. Join the team that will let you make a difference, in the great work environment you are looking for!
Major Duties for the Senior Policy Advisor:
- Provides authoritative guidance on cases which may involve highly complex or precedent setting issues.
- Serves as an authoritative technical expert, coach, reviewer, and team leader for electric rate and policy issues regarding electric utilities, and, in particular wholesale electric markets in the western United States; the Commission's market-based rate program; and the Commission's corporate program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information regarding the electric industry in written work products (e.g., Commission orders, memos, white papers, emails, etc.) to audiences with varying levels of knowledge regarding the subject matter.
- Demonstrated ability to orally explain complex policy initiatives and/or defend innovative technical recommendations relating to the electric industry to high ranking officials.
- Demonstrated ability to advise a professional staff by using sound leadership skills, such as promoting teamwork, building trust and commitment, setting direction, and communicating effectively.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603540600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.