1 position in Vernal, UT and 2 positions in Manila, UT on the Ashley National Forest.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to implement both annual and long-term work plans for developed recreation sites (campgrounds, day use sites, recreation residences, etc.) both developed and dispersed.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Thomas Parrack atThomas.Parrack@usda.gov for Vernal and Curtis Booher at email@example.com for Manila.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Carry out and monitor implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed or dispersed recreation sites.
- Inspect recreation area use to enforce compliance with the management plan by issuing or requesting issuance of citations.
- Patrol district roads, trails, or waterways to determine whether visitor use is in accordance with recreation plans and regulations and report any issues to supervisor.
- Repair items such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, and trash receptacles in developed recreational areas.
- Collect fees at recreation sites.
- Identify safety hazards and then repair, remove, or replace portions of facilities using equipment and tools.
- Draft suggested contract specifications such as a description of the work, following the instructions and direction of contracting personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for site visits, meetings, and/or trainings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603537400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.