As the Chief, Division of Resource Management, you will serve as the principal advisor to the Superintendent for all mattes relating to the preservation and enhancement of natural and cultural resources at Fire Island National Seashore.Learn more about this agency
- Lead an interdisciplinary staff in the development of policies, standards, and procedures related to the use, study, protection, and preservation of cultural and natural resources
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop annual and long term goals and work plans
- Direct the preparation of historic structure reports, preservation guides, landscape reports, and special studies
- Review project plans to ensure compliance with the National Environmental Protection Act and National Historic Preservation Act
- Review contract proposals, bids and specifications and monitor the work of contractors
- Direct staff in the inventorying and monitoring of wildlife and vegetation
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position on occasion.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603527400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.