Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON AND DISCLOSURE (PGLD)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Reviews, processes and clears separating employee clearance records in HR Connect, Legal Category SEC to ensure timely separation of departing employees and clear identification and control of IRS asset (records).Assists managers with the employee separating process as it relates to records reviews and records related clearance requirements. Ensures business unit manager correctly completes and submit records related separating employee clearance checklist and updates HR Connect accurately. Conducts analysis to determine error rates and makes recommendations on process improvements.
- Interprets and applies laws, regulations, policies and guidance to provide access to Federal agency records and information, while ensuring protected information is appropriately disclosed, maintained and retired.
- Routinely makes recommendations for policy changes impacting the Records Control Schedule which is negotiated between Records Management, National Archives Records Administration (NARA), and the appropriate business units. The recommendations and subsequent policy changes result in increased effectiveness of the records retention program Service wide. In addition, the Records Specialists have input into the policy and procedure changes that impact the Records and Information Management Program especially Electronic Records Administration.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identifies problem areas and determines a resolution.
- Applies sound management practices and techniques in the creation of guidance and project studies to ensure maintenance, retrieval, preservation and disposition of all IRS records.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603520300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.