This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS) located in Beltsville, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: FDA permanent employees serving on a career, career-conditional, FDA PHS appointments, CTAP Eligibles only. PHS Candidates will be referred to the Selecting Official for consideration on a Commissioned Corps assignment but not as candidates for a career-conditional/career appointment under Title 5.
- Provides authoritative and professional expertise in dealing with the behavioral, social, and epidemiological, statistical and evaluation science aspects of public health issues related to tobacco products.
- Leads the development of strategies and programs to address the population health aspects of tobacco product regulation.
- Supervises deputy and associate directors, as well as senior-level scientists and program analysts in DPHS immediate office.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with internal and external stakeholders to advance the public health mission of the Center.
- Develops policies and programs involving the most complex and highest priority behavioral, social, epidemiological, statistical, and evaluation science matters affecting the regulations of the Center for Tobacco Products.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603511800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.