Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a senior expert and consultant to top agency officials, the employee advises on integrating IT programs with the IRS Cybersecurity Program and other business programs of equivalent complexity within the agency. Responsibilities include:
- Develop new theories, architectures, concepts, principles, standards, and methods in IT security, and advises other IT experts throughout Treasury and the IRS, and in other agencies, on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, architectures, concepts, principles, standards, methods, or practices, that are developed by the employee or result from the employees leadership.
- Brief authorizing officials on security risks and manage remediation of security vulnerabilities identified in annual assessments and continuous real time monitoring through creating and managing of plans of action and milestones.
- Performs forensic analysis (handling compromised machines), evaluate/deconstruct malware (e.g. obfuscated code) through open-source and vendor provided tools.
- Provide expert advice in audit and compliance; specifically, FISMA, NIST, GAO, TIGTA issues that affect the IRS computing environment.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate IRS information security architecture with the security programs and strategies (the IRS workforce security training program or the security audit program), and formulating IRS security program initiatives in response to critical IT security issues.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinating IRS-wide implementation of government wide IT security defense strategies to ensure protection of the IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise in overall risk management practices, continuous monitoring, and improvements to the security posture of the IRS computer environment.
Create and prepare comprehensive reports for executives that include project plans, findings, mitigation strategies and recommendations.
Provide technical expertise, abilities and skills to develop a holistic cloud security environment effectively by maintaining industry and globally accepted standards.
Provide expert level understanding of cloud security concepts, principals and frameworks and FedRAMP.
Provide data architecture standards providing a common Cybersecurity Data Warehouse data vocabulary, requirements and integrated designs that align with enterprise strategy and business architecture.
- Create diagrams showing key data entities and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
Establish data management and reporting technologies, emerging tools including columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
Provide an enterprise cyber monitoring, analytics, and coordination capability 24x7x365.
- Develop intrusion detection signatures to identify those specific indicators that are unique to a particular exposure or zero-day vulnerability, delivering threat & awareness/education briefings, coordination of process development, & technical writing Develop and maintain Cybersecurity IT security policies.
Provide security control integration support to IRS system administrators
- Performs IRS brand protection (detect and mitigates fraud schemes using the IRS name or likeness)
- Interfaces with ISPs and teleco providers in order to facilitate fraud mitigations.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 - 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603508400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.