WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED SB/SE DIVISION: The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
This is a collateral duty assignment with no promotion potential, change to your current permanent position description of record or post of duty.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TAX SPECIALIST VIRTUAL/CLASSROOM INSTRUCTOR DO? As a Virtual/Classroom Instructor (VCIT) you will be responsible for delivering the instruction/training to individuals from within your organization. As a Virtual/Classroom Instructor, you will use your technical expertise and years of experience to plan and conduct training on basic and/or advanced areas of tax law, procedures, policies, techniques, or other specialized fields unique to your position/occupation. As a Virtual/Classroom Instructor you will be called upon to share knowledge and expertise with employees within your unit/organization in a one to one environment. You will perform these duties as a collateral duty assignment, with no change to your current position description or post of duty. As a Virtual/Classroom Instructor, you have the extraordinary opportunity of sharing your expertise and knowledge with others, while at the same time serving in a role that is of tremendous benefit to the Service as a whole!
As a Tax Specialist, Virtual/Classroom Instructor you will:
- Perform your regular duties and direct work activities. During the training assignment, if the Virtual/Classroom Instructor member is not actively involved in the essential Virtual/Classroom Instructor duties, he/she will return to direct work activities when not preparing, instructing, coaching and/or facilitating.
- Coordinate as appropriate in delivering Virtual/Classroom Instructor instruction/training materials. Analyze, write and review course material. Develop, plan, schedule, coordinate, and/or present basic, advanced, or specialized training material or instruction as assigned.
- Teach and/or provide instruction in recruit, basic, advanced, and specialized courses and technical knowledge, counsel others during the progress of the Virtual/Classroom Instructor to assist with problems and provide special guidance.
- Coordinate with others who may be assigned on either a full time or part time basis for recruit, basic or advanced training as required. Assure that instructors or other coaches are informed of any changes in course or technical subject matter.
- Coordinate as appropriate on methods, techniques, training aids, and trainee management relative to assigned training or technical areas. May also provide specialized Virtual/Classroom Instructor training to other Virtual/Classroom Instructor instructors, if appropriate.
- Ensure familiarity with course materials, illustrative material, case studies, technical materials and Virtual/Classroom Instructor assignments accordingly. Ensure consistency in technical interpretation of regulations and their application.
- Recommend changes in emphasis, adjustment in the division of time spent in, discussion, workshop, or other elements of Virtual/Classroom Instructor training activities; also recommends necessary changes in other training needs and/or identified in Virtual/Classroom Instructor observation.
- Evaluate and/or recommend whether trainees or others should be retained and/or need additional instruction; in addition, evaluates trainees’ Virtual/Classroom Instructor progress and/or conduct.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603508000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.