About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is open to current Employees of USACE Mobile District, Planning Division, Deep Draft Navigation Planning Center of Expertise, Mobile, AL.
The incumbent will works under the administrative supervision of the branch chief, receiving day-to-day direction from the Economic Analysis Team Leader. Assignments will include investigations and studies for which precedent is lacking or requires substantial modification.
- Prepares financial and other economic studies.
- Participates in the development of the benefit evaluation process.
- Serves as an independent professional economist on various National Economic Development (NED) study teams.
- Determines the benefit-to-Cost (B/C) ratios of proposed Corps projects.
- Collects, collates and analyzes data as to the water and land use, population, industry, transportation and other physical and economic aspects of a study area.
- Consults with local sponsor interest groups to explain the scope and objectives of the investigation and to arrange for public meetings.
- Responsible for leading a project delivery team consisting of various professional staff in conducting investigations and analyses, feasibility studies, and/or formulating alternative solutions for various projects.
- Participates in and is able to formulates plans for public involvement in conferences, workshops, meetings, forums, and other methods for obtaining public input.
- Assesses economic impacts for numerous types of civil works projects, which can include critical habitat designations and operations of existing Corps projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603507600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.