What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
The government-wide STEM direct hire authority for Fish Biologist, GS-0482, is being used to fill this position.
Salary: $77,488 (Step 01) to $100,739 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.,
As a Research Fish Biologist within the Western Fisheries Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Design and execute studies that use mark-recapture data on fish populations to estimate demographic parameters.
- Prepares scientific reports and journal manuscripts on population dynamic and ecology of fish populations.
- Analyze and interprets results of studies.
- Prepare research funding proposals including budgets to support new and ongoing studies.
- Maintain close liaisons and working relationships with the scientific community, including professionals of various research agencies, universities, and state and federal agencies to maximize achievement of common goals.
- Office and laboratory work is primarily sedentary. However, limited field work may involve strenuous exertion including prolonged walking over wet, rocky surfaces and intermitted prolonged climbing, lifting, pushing, balancing, crouching, stooping, bending, stretching and reaching while remaining alert in order to avoid unsafe situations. The position includes the potential exposure to inclement weather, physical exertion and long hours in the field.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603498900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.