What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
GS-07 Salary: $43,683 (Step 01) to $56,790 (Step 10);
GS-08 Salary: $48,378 (Step 01) to $62,894 (Step 10);
GS-09 Salary: $53,433 (Step 01) to $69,462 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Oregon Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs routine measurements of surface water and ground water stages and stage-discharge under a variety of field conditions applying established uniform methods.
- Collect, compute, and analyze scientific data and sediment samples for water quality, temperature, alkalinity, etc.
- Performs installation, maintenance, servicing, and troubleshooting of sensing, recording and communications equipment and instrumentation in the field and office.
- Assists in the construction and removal of gages, wells and supporting structures.
- Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate periods of standing and sitting while in the office. While in the field, considerable walking, lifting, bending, climbing, stream wading, or working in motorized watercraft is necessary to collect data.
Work Environment: Office conditions do not require special safety precautions; field conditions may include extreme heat or cold, rain or snow; hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding; or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets
25% or less - Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603478700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.