This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (T32), Position Description Number D2151000 and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
LOCATION: 187TH FW, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: Lt Col S. MOORHEAD
(1) Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems. Analyzes and evaluates data to conduct a variety of fiscal reconciliations, reviews, and account adjustments. Analyzes diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial issues or problems. Balances all Program Managers' accounts with the federal database of record.
(2) Performs in-depth analysis on complicated pay, travel, accounts payable and receivable and fiscal accounting activity issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions. Utilizes experience and judgment, rather than guides, to fill in gaps, identify sources of information, and make working suppositions about what transpired to decide approaches, and resolve specific problems. Develops variations in approaches to fit specific problems or deals with incomplete, unreliable or conflicting data in the process of work performance in order to validate transactions and resolve inconsistencies.
(3) Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and, applies pertinent Fiscal Laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution. Performs research on many different and unrelated processes and methods relating to financial transactions for analysis of complex and unusual financial transactions. Analyzes results, applies personal initiative and judgment to make recommendations, which may result in changing guidelines affecting internal, state, and National Guard Bureau (NGB) level processes and procedures.
(4) Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on airmen inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collection. Ensures complex tax issues involving tax documents, Do It Yourself (DITY) moves, and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) payments, are accomplished accurately and timely.
(5) Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations. Uses independent judgment to reconstruct incomplete files and accounts; devises more efficient methods for procedural processing, gathers and organizes information for inquiries, or resolves problems referred by others. Interprets user requirements in order to design new ad hoc reports or modifications of standard financial and management systems. Seeks positive results from regulatory, system, or force structure changes.
(6) Incumbent researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures, and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered. Uses originality to sort complicated factual information regarding public law, Fiscal Law, Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Air Force, National Guard Bureau (NGB), and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, Comptroller General Decisions, and policies/issuances to apply a variety of methods and execute the full range of financial management services.
(7) Performs or conducts research, investigates and solves problems involving discrepancy reconciliations of (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel or travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due. Sorts complicated factual information and applies a variety of financial methods to resolve issues. Makes independent decisions regarding processes involving unusual circumstances or conditions. Develops variations in approaches to fit specific functions while often encountering incomplete, unreliable or conflicting data in the process of work performance. Applies accounting methods, procedures, and techniques to conduct difficult and in-depth analysis. Validates transactions and performs research to resolve inconsistencies.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603467400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.