THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Deputy Chief of Staff Information Management (DCSIM), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel, assigned to the G6 of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as a systems administrator on one or more of the systems maintained/administered throughout the state. The incumbent is responsible for installing and testing the system security configuration and monitoring, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining server hardware and software.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages all assigned servers and server resources, analyzing and defining requirements; analyzing workload; monitoring capacity and performance; diagnosing and resolving problems; and developing backup and recovery procedures.
- Resolves inquiries and problems concerning access, use, and availability of datacenter technologies.
- Maintains liaison with counterparts at other commands/installations for troubleshooting assistance and researching available products and state-of-the-art technologies and advancements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains servers and server resources in support of business processing requirements and ensures that servers are tested for stability.
- Provides technical assistance to current and potential users to minimize disruptions of computer operations.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603458300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.