This National Guard position is for a AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D0723000and is part of 155th LRS Nebraska Air National Guard.
View FULL PD#:Learn more about this agency
Announcement is advertised concurrently with AGR-AF-21-016
As a AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-5823-10, duties include:
(1) Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiates proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Works to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g., equal employment opportunity and labor management relations. Promotes the participation of subordinates in programs such as the suggestion program, cost reduction program, etc. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Maintains production reports and records. Periodically reviews position descriptions of subordinates for currency and accuracy. Initiates the detailing of subordinates to positions other than their own. Initiates or participates in review and improvement of work methods, organizational features, and the structuring of positions to eliminate unnecessary positions and achieve optimum content in those remaining.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603440400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.