THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT (T32), Position Description Number D1228000 and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
LOCATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ JAMES HILL
(1) Identifies user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed. Watches and reports items that are in short supply because of breakage or because they are frequently out for repair. Recommends possible substitute or interchangeable items. Sets up and maintains storage locations. Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering such factors as temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, space available, and convenience of handling items.
(2) Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room. Compiles reports of use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
(3) Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks, taking measurements with such devices as calipers, and receiving reports from users on the nature and extent of damage to tools and equipment. May make minor repairs to tools and equipment, determine when damaged and inoperative items are too costly to repair, and report damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors.
(4) Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies and other material within funding limitations. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation, and that items are on hand in sufficient quantities and at the time required. In addition to established guides and formulas, determines quantities required and timely stock replenishment.
(5) Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations. Reviews requisitions for completeness and compliance with regulations, and revises quantities ordered based on number on hand.
(6) Searches for identifying or management data on items of supply. Compares data listed on documents with reference sources such as federal catalogs, stock lists, or other publications. Receives requests desiring additional identification data, verification, or comparison of data on hand with reference sources. Searches for stock number, prices, descriptions, sources of supply, or other management data. When unknown, traces part number or type number and manufacturer of the item of equipment.
(7) Edits supply transactions, or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and other items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable. Codes and classifies requisitions, shipping orders, and other documents, and extracts requests to other sources of supply or refers them to an inventory control point when stock is unavailable or cannot be shipped.
(8) May assist a Surface Maintenance Mechanic by performing the less complex and more routine helper type duties. May perform maintenance tasks with repairers or mechanics by assisting in the accomplishment of duties. This may involve getting tools and supplies, carrying materials, and lifting and holding materials in place during operations. As directed by the repairer or mechanic, uses hand and powered tools of the trade to assist in the disassembly, assembly, and installation of simple component parts and units. Applies knowledge gained from previous work assignments. Detailed instructions are received from the higher graded Surface Maintenance Mechanic with each new assignment. Work is reviewed by the higher-level employee while in progress and upon completion. Cleans tools, parts, and equipment and keeps work areas clean and orderly.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603411400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.