Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days of the closing date.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion (MP) procedures vacancy number: M21-DV-11132872-OIG. Applicants who wish to also be considered under MP must apply to both vacancies separately.
About this agency
Due to the current events surrounding COVID-19, telework will be mandatory. When it is determined that EXIM will be moving to the reopening phase, the expectation will be to physically return to the office. Telework days and any waiting periods for eligibility will be determined at that time.
The Inspector General (OIG) heads an independent organization responsible for the audit, evaluation, and investigation of programs and operations of the Export-Import Bank (EXIM Bank); promoting economy, efficiency and effectiveness, and preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse related to those programs and operations; making recommendations concerning legislative and policy initiatives related to the Ex-Im Bank; and keeping Congress and the Chairman fully and promptly informed on problems and deficiencies in the programs and operations of EXIM Bank. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts this work with the highest degree of independence, in accordance with the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
This position is in the OIG, Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE) and reports to the Supervisory Auditor. The incumbent will be an auditor on teams responsible for performing audits of EXIM programs and operations, completing assignments of audits, inspections, and evaluations in conformance with applicable professional standards (generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS) or inspection/evaluation standards (Blue Book) promulgated by the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE)), and other statutory, regulatory, and professional requirements.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a member of a project team that plans, reviews and reports on EXIM programs and functions but may be assigned as the sole auditor for specific projects of limited scope.
- Collects and analyzes a wide range of data and reports pertaining to programs and functions that involve management, controls, and other assigned review areas.
- Reviews programs and functional areas to assess compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conducts surveys of programs and activities to gain an understanding of the nature of the review areas and the extent of controls designed to achieve established objectives to identify potential audits, inspections, and evaluations and to prevent or deter fraud, waste and mismanagement.
- Makes effective oral and written presentations that clearly communicate work results, impact and recommend corrective actions to address identified problems.
- Prepares draft report segments for the review, inspection, evaluation or audit areas assigned describing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Participates in OIG investigations, as needed. Work with OIG investigators to develop information and material relating to fraud and program irregularities for use by US Attorneys.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603410600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.