This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This is a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) GS-2210-12 position for the Operations Division, Maintenance Engineering & Management Support Branch, Maintenance Engineering Section located in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Deploys and maintains all network and server systems for end user functionality and system security, and their corresponding or associated software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system and network problems.
- Assist in monitoring and coordinating compliance to all applicable North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards, especially where NERC standards overlap with cybersecurity requirements.
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Install upgrades or patches and configure all network hardware, software, and communication links as part of resolution.
- Support the various operating projects by creating and maintaining the network diagrams and supporting information to achieve and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) for PPCS, PACS, and standalone systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603400800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.