This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Sensors & Electronics Branch (SEB), Detection and Identification Section 2 (DET2) in Portsmouth, VALearn more about this agency
You will be responsible for managing the Detection and Identification Section 2 (C5ISC-ESD-SEB-DET2), supervising personnel. You will provide support and technical expertise for detection and identification shared services to C5ISC Product Lines, to include automated identification system (AIS), Biometrics identification systems, surface search radar, air search radar, aviation radar, and electro optical/camera systems. The supervisor manages the Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) for detection and identification shared services with C5ISC Product Lines and external delivery partners. Responsibilities also include generating the annual budget proposals to sustain existing detection and identification products plus supporting RP development and resource needs for all new detection and identification developmental activities beyond sustaining a specific product. The incumbent exercises significant responsibilities in advising management officials of higher rank by proposing and executing approved cybersecurity Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) mitigation activities and identifying, planning and executing appropriate test, verification, validation, and certification activities for Detection and Identification systems. The manager also assists the immediate C5ISC-ESD-SEB supervisor, as required, in reviewing resumes and interviewing potential candidates for open positions. Assists in executing EEO policies and communicates support of those policies to subordinates. Assures equality in determining qualifications, selection, assignments, training, promotions, details, discipline, and awards to employees. Cooperates and participates fully in the development of an EEO affirmative action plan and efforts regarding staffing, motivation, and training to develop all employees. Insures that minorities and individuals are considered for training opportunities and for nomination/appointment to boards and committees. Coordinates efforts with EEO officials during the development and execution of policies affecting civilian personnel.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Analyzing design constraints, analyzing trade-offs and detailed system and security design, and considering life cycle support.
- Developing and directing system testing and validation procedures and documentation.
- Identifying and directing the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for.
- Working with senior level staff member to assist in the development and review of sensitive information including pre-decisional and/or embargoed IT budget, workforce, and operations.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
- Developing and following software, hardware and systems engineering life cycle standards and processes.
- Designing hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address C5I operational requirements.
- Developing detailed design documentation for component and interface specifications to support system design and development.
- Implementing and integrate system engineering life cycle (SELC) methodologies into the development environment.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603362300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.