THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (UH-72), Position Description Number D2390000 and is part of the AR ARNG AASF, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
1. Manages, monitors or performs overall maintenance within the CAMP and FAA framework, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more highly technical, high performance UH-72A military aircraft. Performs work in complex conditions under time and/or mission constraints to include all weather and night operations. Trains, coordinates, and oversees the work of Non-Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) aircraft mechanics. Provides mentorship for those journey level workers pursuing A&P certification. Certifies completion of maintenance tasks of non A&P mechanics and certifies the work of journey level workers in other trades working on the assigned aircraft. Certifies aircraft as airworthy before being released for flight. Performs ground checks and assists functional check pilots with in flight functional check procedures. Performs damage assessments and repairs. Participates in mission preparation and recovery operations. Oversees installation of equipment for special missions. Expedites UH-72A aircraft operations to include concurrent servicing, refueling, and/or reconfiguration of equipment for changes in operational missions. Performs preflight, thru flight, and post-flight inspections and scheduled or unscheduled maintenance. Serves as the technical authority to identify and advise on requirements for airframe, mechanical, electrical/environmental, avionics, engine, and pneudraulic repairs on assigned aircraft.
2. Requests maintenance services exceeding AASF capabilities or time constraints. Controls and performs work assignments based upon priorities, workload availability of UH-72A parts, facilities, material and personnel. Coordinates with maintenance supervisor(s) and production control on maintenance requirements to aircraft that require adjustment to changes in operational requirements. Observes and inspects work performed by other UH-72A workers work to insure compliance with applicable technical publications, directives and local policy. Accomplishes operational tests of aircraft systems and components.
3. Maintains UH-72A aircraft under FAA and manufacturer guidelines and conducts inspections IAW Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) maintenance publications and special inspection criteria as outlines in FAA, OEM and Army maintenance and safety messages. These include requirements of Aviation Maintenance Action Messages (AMAM), Aviation Safety Action Messages (ASAM) and any other related FAA or Aircraft manufacturer requirement at Field Level maintenance. Required to utilize the Aircraft Notebook (ACN) to make daily entries of: flight data information and maintenance actions performed on the aircraft, parts ordering, and monthly Department of the Army Form 1352 reporting into the Logistics Support Activity and the UH-72A Lakota maintenance management system.
4. Plans, develops and conducts proficiency training during the technician work week to a multi-faceted workforce comprised of Full Time Support (FTS) and supported unit personnel. Sessions are designed to provide training in techniques of repair and maintenance of UH-72A aircraft and related equipment. Conducts and certifies proficiency of trainees for additional or increased responsibilities. Evaluates training by observation of performed tasks. Tracks and records tasks for A&P aircraft mechanics as needed for those A&Ps to meet the requirements of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 65.81. Continuously assesses skill level and proficiency of assigned personnel.
5. Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental, and housekeeping regulations. Ensures material and equipment are properly and safely maintained and protected. Ensures current up to date compliance and conformity to all FAA and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) regulatory requirements.6. May participate in operational flights as a crewmember.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603362100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.