THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for an EDUCATION SERVICES SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5227000 and is part of the WY Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel, National Guard.
This position is in the Excepted Service "under the authority of Title V, P.L. 114-328, and Sections 932 and 1084 (FY17 NDAA)".
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO), Plans and Actions Branch of the Army National Guard in the Education Services Office. This position serves as program manager, advisor and consultant within the state. The incumbent has responsibility for the development, management and administration of an education and incentive programs designed to provide individual career-related or self-development assistance and planning requirements for Army National Guard military personnel.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibility for and overseeing the direction of the Incentives Section and functions as the technical expert.
- Overseeing the performance of document handling, records maintenance, and information management and reporting.
- Directing staff in performance of periodic record reviews and inventories to ensure total record accountability.
- Ensuring staff members provide Soldiers with information regarding their incentive selections (i.e. enlistment bonuses, retention bonuses, conversion bonuses, student loans, health profession loans (for both Officer and Enlisted).
- Providing the determination and oversight of continued incentives eligibility as a result of processing of records for separation/discharge to include: proper identification and crediting of MOS, dates of service, type of discharge, computation of total creditable service, etc.
- Coordinating with State Recruiting and Retention and assisting with recruiting and incentive programs in educational institutions in which National Guard programs are established.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603349000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.