About the Position: This position is located with the U.S. Army Research and Development Center (ERDC), Information Technology Laboratory, Computational Science and Engineer Division (CSED).Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the Division Chief of the Computational Science and Engineering Division (CSED) and as a senior advisor to the Deputy Director and Director, Information Technology Laboratory.
- Serves as the first-line supervisor to 4 branch chiefs, senior researchers, and administrative staff and serves as second-line supervisor to approximately 100-150 team members.
- Manages the research, development, and investigation activities in the areas of computational modeling and analysis, sensor-based technology and integration, systems engineering, and the advancement of scientific software development.
- Collaborates with ITL Technical Directors and other Division Chiefs in planning and directing research projects from initial to final stages.
- Leads efforts with researchers in the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program and ERDC laboratories to advance the practice in numerical modeling and assessment applied to civil engineering and environmental quality challenges.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical and professional competence to continually develop and execute new technology research.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603320900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.