Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.Learn more about this agency
- Process or review a wide variety of standard pay actions which establish, maintain, adjust or close pay accounts to adequately compensate service members, active or retired.
- Reviews source, substantiating and supporting pay authorization documents to ensure completeness, propriety, authentication, accuracy, and compliance with applicable regulations, policies and precedents.
- Enters pay transactions into the organization's automated pay system.
- Makes standard adjustments to pay accounts and processes actions to adjust accounts, if necessary.
- Provides one-on-one assistance to service members and annuitants explaining standard pay entitlements, answers inquiries regarding new accounts, cost-of-living adjustments methods of computation, etc.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position, seldom (1-24%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603283700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.