You will serve as an Engineer or Scientist in the Fleet Tactical Software Branch of NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION. You will serve as the Branch Head for this position, leading a complex technical organization, and perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities. This Branch develops Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) for the U.S. Navy in the area of naval mine countermeasures and mining.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform supervisory duties to include personnel management and staffing, program execution oversight, and resource management.
- You will influence, motivate, and challenge others to achieve excellence in the development of Fleet tactical software applications
- You will provide direct software support to Mine Warfare (MIW) Fleet forces.
- You will oversee both Software Support Activity (SSA) and in-Service of Engineering Agent (ISEA) activities and processes based on your knowledge of current software development and support methods.
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of division strategic plans that are aligned to the command's corporate strategy.
- You will plan, distribute, coordinate, and monitor work assignments of others, evaluate work performance, and provide feedback to others on their performance.
- You will develop written correspondence, plans, assessments, analyses, proposals, papers, and reports in a succinct and organized manner to inform, advise, and influence decisions.
- You will orally present to diverse audiences; maintaining awareness of sensitive and/or controversial issues; listens to others, attentive to non-verbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- You will successfully support EEO programs and fulfill EEO duties and responsibilities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603265200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.