DCAA is recruiting for a Special Assistant for the Corporate Audit Directorate (CAD).Learn more about this agency
- Assists leadership with planning, direction, and guidance of the CAD's contract audit operations;
- Serves as a key expert and principal advisor to the CAD's leadership team providing advice on Agency's strategic plans, and implementation efforts; efficient and effective contract audits;
- Conducts broad audit and non-audit assignments, initiatives, projects, and special studies to assist the CAD and enhance Agency mission accomplishment;
- Recommends the development of new or improved methods, processes, and enhancements to improve audit operations;
- Analyzes data and trends for systematic indicators or obstacles that impede efforts and develops refinements to improve internal management controls;
- Assists in preparing briefings and/or other materials for CAD's leadership, providing input for appropriateness and policy considerations; participates in Agency briefings and executive conferences;
- Briefs Region management, Agency senior leadership, Headquarters staff and the Executive Steering Committee (ESC) and professional staff on a variety of topics;
- Collaborates with Agency personnel and representatives from other Federal agencies to address high-visibility, critical, complex, or difficult issues; periodic participation with DoD working groups;
- Manages responses and coordinates on a variety of external inquiries, media questions, and issues concerning the Region contract audit work on behalf of the CAD's leadership with Agency leadership and other external offices as necessary;
- Maintains effective working relationships with management officials in DoD procurement and contract administration organizations and other Federal agencies; assisting with preparing meetings with procurement officials as necessary;
- Responds to Congressional inquiries and requests for information.
25% or less - Travel is generally 25% or less
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603226800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.