This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Cybersecurity Division leads cybersecurity efforts for CISA as the Nation's flagship civilian cyber defense organization. The division collaborates with partners across the government and private sector to enhance the Nation's cybersecurity by sharing information, providing cybersecurity services and technical assistance, as well as education and awareness efforts.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC). Typical work assignments include:
- Identify and evaluate threat critical capabilities, requirements, and vulnerabilities.
- Produce timely, fused, all-source cyber operations intelligence and/or indications and warnings intelligence products(e.g. threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies, country studies).
- Contribute to crisis action planning for cyber operations with other team members.
- Perform complex event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 1-5 nights per quarter for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603219700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.