Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE Small Business/Self Employed (SB/SE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Advises and assists top level management on changes to and formulation and implementation of policies for programs, processes, and initiatives to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of agency strategies and nation-wide operations.
- Assesses existing and proposed programs and activities to determine their investment potential and contribution to the achievement of the mission and strategic goals. Identifies business, technological, and financial risks within ongoing programs and opportunities directly and indirectly involved in meeting established agency goals and objectives, and serves as a consultant to help prepare, execute, revise, and monitor management policies.
- Plans, conducts, and completes policy and management analyses of complex issues and operations to provide senior executives with accurate and timely data, policy options, and recommendations and works with them to develop and implement policy changes that will help them carry out their strategic thinking and decision making responsibilities.
- Uses information technology hardware and software to gather and interpret data and prepare reports, spreadsheets, flow charts, policy statements, action plans, milestones, and illustrated presentations for delivery to key strategic leaders.
- Serves as project leader and member on a number of teams that collaboratively plan, develop, complete, and deliver work under stringent deadlines and towards group objectives.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position and periodic travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603192600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.