The incumbent serves as an expert-level Mathematical Statistician or Agriculturist in the federal government's safeguarding efforts aimed at preventing the introduction into the United States (U.S.) of foreign pests and diseases that pose an economic and ecological threat to the nation.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop computer algorithms, models, mining techniques, and data collection tools.
- Analyze data from 3rd party providers like Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Insights.
- Plans and organizes quantitative and qualitative analysis with emphasis on agricultural commodity pest and disease pathway trends and operational efficiencies for tracking pests and diseases.
- Develop analysis and statistical methods associated with the characterization of pathway risks and the assessment of the value of different risk management strategies for plants and commodities.
- Develops spatial analysis (GIS) and maps applicable to risk analysis, develops outreach, communication, and training materials related to quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Provides analytical/assessment support to Science and Technology and other components of PPQ components, thus providing scientific information to facilitate the decision-making process .
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates investigations and studies to improve data gathering procedures for both Agricultural Quarantine Inspection (AQI) and Domestic operations environments.
- Provides coordination, assistance, and review of analysis methods in Science and Technology and other components of PPQ.
- Researches, collects information and data from a wide range of sources, and develops a framework for risk assessment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603171400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.