Who may apply: This announcement is open to all U.S. Citizens.Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be used to fill positions with an entry grade of GS-07, GS-09, GS-11, or GS-12 with a target grade of GS-12. The minimum salary for GS-7 is $45,518, the maximum is $59,175. The minimum salary for GS-9 is $55,677, the maximum is $72,380. The minimum salary for GS-11 is $67,364, the maximum is $87,579. The minimum salary for GS-12 is $80,743, the maximum is $104,970.
- The major duties described below reflect the full performance level of this position:
- Serves as a senior staff auditor to conduct audits of significant scope and mission impact on large or highly complex audits. Audits are to assess compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of programs where considerable variability exists.
- Plans audits covering broadly related and highly complex functions throughout DFAS. Develops and writes segments of the audit plan for highly complex DFAS-wide or corporate audits.
- Briefs management at entrance conferences to explain audit objectives, procedures, and scope, and obtains management?s input. Independently conducts audit survey to determine areas for detailed examination.
- Independently evaluates management processes and presents facts, conclusions, and recommendations clearly, and logically. Summarizes audit results and addresses management issues surfaced in the audit. Provides recommendations for corrective actions.
- Prepares complex audit reports which present findings and cite applicable regulations. Identifies causative situations and recommends corrective action for problems of significant complexity where differing opinions may be strong.
- Prepares correspondence requesting additional data or related access to information from audited agencies to resolve disputes. Prepares a notification to management on behalf of the team lead where no significant audit findings were identified.
- Duties will be developmental in nature while performing below the full performance level of GS-11.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603163300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.