This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Federal Drug Administration (FDA, Office of the Chief Scientist, Office of Laboratory safety which develops, centralizes, standardizes, and implements policies; planning, directing, managing, and evaluating activities for these programs and implementing best practices across FDA to ensure the health and safety of all FDA employees.Learn more about this agency
- Assists the Radiation Officer in providing management and guidance to FDA?s broad scope Radiation Safety Program, informing and interpreting applicable regulations, and implementation of specific policies and procedures.
- Serves as consultant in the design and conduct of experiments using radiation sources to ensure that exposures to personnel are as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA).
- Responds to emergencies involving radiation and radioactive materials, making judgements and recommendations leading to a successful return to normal conditions.
- Provides decisions and recommendations with respect to application and adaptation of standards and regulations that have a substantial impact of the radiation safety program.
- Presents instructions to groups of employees on specific radiation safety and health concerns.
- Provides technical guidance to contracting officials in the administration of contracts required for the support of the overall Radiation Safety Program.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603154100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.