The FCSIC Chief Risk Officer is a member of our senior management team supporting FCSIC's role as the Federal insurer of over $330 billion of debt securities and the management and investment of a $5.6 billion insurance fund. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and interacts with the FCSIC Board of Directors, Farm Credit System officials, Treasury, FDIC, NCUA and other Federal officials, consultants, actuarial advisors, and public accounting firms.Learn more about this agency
As the Chief Risk Officer (Director of the Risk Management Division),you will be responsible for evaluating the risks posed to the FCSIC Insurance Fund by institutions of the Farm Credit System (FCS or System) and other sources. These risks include credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, cyber risk, strategic risk, concentration risk, political risk and anything else that may impact repayment of insured debt. Your work will include establishing standards and procedures to identify and quantify current and potential risks and ensuring issues affecting FCSIC are considered in decision-making processes. You will frequently work across traditional organization boundaries with other members of senior management to develop and achieve mission and operational related goals, policies, procedures and program plans.
You will also exercise general supervision and control over the resolution of troubled Farm Credit System institutions. This may include granting assistance, conducting receiverships or conservatorships and the management of bridge banks. You will also oversee the investment of FCSIC's $5.6 billion Insurance Fund through supervision of the Chief Investment Officer and serving as a member of FCSIC's Investment Committee.
Specific duties include:
- Developing, implementing and managing a program for assessing and monitoring risks to the Farm Credit System Insurance Fund posed by Farm Credit System institutions, conditions in agriculture, financial markets, the general economy and other sources;
- Maintaining a system that monitors, reporting on and making recommendations to address the insurance risk posed by troubled or failing institutions;
- Monitoring operating trends in institutions and making recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and FCSIC Board for corrective actions to address adverse trends;
- Overseeing the preparation of FCSIC's Quarterly Allowance for Loss and Insurance Risk Analysis Report. This key report is used both internally and externally to evaluate the health of the Insurance Fund;
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for providing technical guidance and financial assistance to insured banks;
- Overseeing the Chief Investment Officer and Asset Assurance Manager;
- Serving as a voting member of the FCSIC Investment Committee overseeing the $5.6 billion investment portfolio;
- Overseeing the operation of FCSIC's Dynamic Capital Adequacy Test model used to evaluate the sufficiency of the FCSIC Insurance Fund;
- Serving as FCSIC's Chief Data Officer, overseeing FCSIC's (limited) data resources
- Advising and informing the COO, Chairman, and other agency leaders on risk management matters, and promoting the consideration of risk management factors in budgetary, operational, and strategic decision-making; and
- Representing FCSIC at conferences, training events and in interactions with senior level representatives of external entities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603147800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.