The Loma Linda VA Medical Center is actively recruiting for a Service Chief of Primary Care who will be responsible of the overall operation of the Primary Care Service (including Women Health, and Home Tele-Health sections). The Primary Care (PC) Service Line is aligned under the Chief of Staff.Learn more about this agency
A recruitment or relocation incentive is available for well qualified applicant.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): May be up to 15%
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): approved for highly qualified candidate
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
The duties of the Service Chief of Primary Care include, but are not excluded to:
- Reviews/performs/provides duties and responsibilities of a primary care physician/internist.
- Demonstrates leadership in interpreting and supporting the VISN mission, vision and values, while operating in accordance with Veterans Health Administration (VHA) policies, facility and VISN policies, and standards of federal professional and accrediting agencies external to VHA.
- Adheres to the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations as set forth by the medical staff.
- Reviews quality control and quality improvement procedures performed by VA personnel in the Primary Care, Home Tele-health and Women Health Primary care Service Line and makes recommendations for improvements, corrective actions, etc.
- Participates/reviews and documents performance improvement activities, including, but not limited to, external review programs, internal peer review programs, and accreditation requirements.
- Serves as an active member of various Medical Center Committees.
- Provide accurate, concise, timely documentation of care in the electronic medical record (Computerized Patient Record System -CPRS) on each patient care occurrence.
- Maintains a peer review process for all Primary Care Service Line clinicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge and maintains standards in the use and reprocessing of reusable medical equipment (RME).
- The Service Chief of Primary Care will be responsible for assisting the Chief of Staff in the tracking, monitoring, reporting, supervision and oversight of physician productivity, service reports, and special requests for reports, supervision of clinical and administrative staff. The incumbent for this position will actively develop and review patient satisfaction, practice efficiency, troubleshoot clinical issues, participate in meetings with other services administrative staff, performs needs assessments of clinical areas and team meetings when indicated. He/she arranges and provides coverage for provider absences; works with the onsite leadership on issues pertinent to the service; develops provider staffing models; directs the budgetary and fiscal management of the service; coordinates resource requests with the Chief of Staff for submission to top management; tracks workload.
- Develops or directs the development of performance standards, evaluates the performance of key supervisors (Women health, Primary Care, Home Tele-Health Section Chiefs), and reviews the evaluations made by subordinate supervisors or other employees.
- Budget development and execution for VA Primary Care.
- Exercises administrative, programmatic, clinical, and academic oversight of Primary Care Service and programs to ensure delivery of quality services.
- Coordinates and integrates clinical and administrative aspects of the programs into a comprehensive package of services to meet the needs of the Veteran population.
- Directs patient care needs assessments; identifies gaps in services and supports program development to meet those needs.
- Continuously reviews the professional performance of all individuals with clinical privileges.
- Responsible for the completion of all clinical, educational, and administrative duties and requirements.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement both within the Primary Care Service Line as well as across other service lines for seamless care.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603080900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.