Position is located in the Division of Strategic Planning and Project Management.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 50 applicants or until 06/11/2021 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
You will perform a wide range of duties related to parkwide strategic planning and environmental compliance. These duties will require a full knowledge and understanding of environmental compliance processes and procedures associated with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and a broad range of environmental regulations and legislation.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation for assigned compliance related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and a broad range of environmental regulations and legislation (i.e. Endangered Species Act, Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, Clean Water Act, Wilderness Act), and other related laws and policies.
- Assist in identifying park actions that require compliance, and help coordinate the review at the park and public level.
- Assist in communicating compliance requirements to appropriate park staff.
- Draft environmental documents such as categorical exclusions and environmental assessments.
- Evaluate National Park Service project work for potential environmental effects and ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Participate in policy development, development of recommendations, and implementation of proposed actions associated with environmental impact studies and special projects.
- Assist in developing public involvement strategy and facilitates public hearings and workshops. Ensure planning projects undertake the appropriate level of compliance.
- Collect environmental data, draft environmental reports, and evaluate proposals, providing recommendations to the supervisor.
Most of the work is performed in an office setting with some travel. The work can involve moderate risks, discomforts, and unpleasantness (i.e. exposure to dust and cold or hot and dry weather extremes and flights in small aircraft, including helicopters).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603080300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.