SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority for Cyber Positions for grades GS 12-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThis series covers positions that manage, supervise, lead, administer, develop, deliver, and support information technology (IT) systems and services. This series covers only those positions for which the paramount requirement is knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods; e.g., data storage, software applications, networking. Additionally, these positions have a cybersecurity requirement which involves the security of and operations in cyberspace and encompasses the full range of threat reduction, vulnerability reduction, deterrence, international engagement, incident response, resiliency, and recovery activities, including computer network operations, information assurance, diplomacy, military, and intelligence missions as they relate to securing the global information and communication infrastructure.
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist, at minimum you will:
- Evaluate system security plans and procedures, and assist in managing and directing the operations and functions of the office support contractors, addressing IT out-of-compliance issues, preparing, implementing, monitoring, and updating the project plan
- Develop Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) to correct findings of non-compliance
- Initiate, direct and participate in the full life cycle of cyber security appraisals and network penetration testing of geographically dispersed and operationally diverse agency facilities
- Develop and recommend new and/or revised inspection, evaluation, and penetration testing methodologies for cyber security appraisals
- Provide recommendations on implementation strategies and policy recommendations based on industry best practices and governing directives
- Assist the Division by conducting research, conducting investigations of cyber events to include those that potentially violate regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with senior leadership, departmental and contractor managers and staff in scheduling, planning, coordinating, and implementing the Independent Oversight Cyber Security Appraisal Program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603078700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.