SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority for STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThis series includes positions that manage, supervise, perform, or develop policies and procedures for professional work involving the procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development using formal advertising or negotiation procedures; the evaluation of contract price proposals; and the administration or termination and close out of contracts. The work requires knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and methods used in contracting; and knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics.
As a Contract Specialist, you may:
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts with commercial organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and State, local or foreign governments for furnishing products, services, construction or research and development to the Federal Government
- Administer contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties
- Terminate contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals
- Analyze and evaluate cost or price proposals and accounting systems data
- Plan, establish, or review contracts, programs, policies, or procedures
- Formulate and administer policies and procedures to ensure achievement of Federal socioeconomic goals, such as those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms
- Develop acquisition strategies and direct or manage procurement
- Provide staff advisory services in one or more of the specializations in this occupation
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603078600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.