SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS1-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work involving:
- construction, renovation, inspection, decommissioning, and/or demolition of structures, infrastructures, and their environmental systems above or under the earth's surface;
- investigation and evaluation of the earth's physical, natural, and man-made features; and/or
- transportation, utilities, building and construction industries.
Civil engineering work involves the generation and/or application of theories, principles, practical concepts, and processes related to:
- The science of civil engineering (including its materials, methods, systems, industry codes, and procedures) and the other traditional engineering science disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical);
- The art, techniques, and engineering design standards for the building, transportation, public works, and construction industries;
- Physical science disciplines (e.g., physics, chemistry, and materials science), advanced mathematics, and social science disciplines (e.g., economics and community planning); and/or
- Critical inquiry and scientific methodology.
As a Civil Engineer, at minimum you will:
- Provide advisory services in the planning and design process, and engineering management services for design, construction, sustainment, and decommissioning projects.
- Interpret design documents and oversee the proper execution of construction work.
- Participate in original and applied research activities conducted in laboratory settings or for organizations primarily concerned with testing, technology transfer activities, materials and instrumentation development, and modeling and computational analysis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603077900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.