The closing date for this announcement has been extended and will close 6/6/2021.Learn more about this agency
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
This position is located in Phoenix, AZ. Information about Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding area can be found at https://phoenixchamber.com/.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Works on complex water issues whose solutions require a proven understanding of hydrology and one or more related disciplines such as hydraulics, geology, ecology, geochemistry and the complexities of ground or surface water flow.
- Works with Federal, State, local and/or tribal land managers to ensure water resources management practices are consistent with Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Federal Land Management Policy Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act.
- May be called on to provide technical data, professional advice, or recommendations to leadership, serve as an expert witness in hearings, or respond to Congressional inquiries.
- Represents the office at meetings and prepares replies to a variety of requests for information.
- Conducts planning, review, and evaluation of multi-basin, multi-aquifer investigations which includes predictive water quantity and quality numerical modeling and adherence to all management-based water resource policies.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the supported state/region/supported organizations.
- Provides current information on policy, resource management, State or local water regulations, and technical requirements.
- Serves as consultant and advisor to supervisors and other scientists on matters pertaining to specialized knowledge and assists in training personnel in areas of expertise including techniques of data collection and analysis.
- Facilitates collaboration, responds to data requests, provides information on legal cases, and advice to management on policy and implications of change. Provides input on budget, accomplishments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for training and/or meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603076500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.