THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
Position will be filled upon the vacancy of the incumbent.
DUTY LOCATION: Connecticut Army National Guard Training Center (CTC), Niantic, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise in preparing engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates. Additionally, the incumbent of this position will conduct preliminary and intermediate contractual inspections.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the work of technicians, State employees, contract employees, temporary and seasonal employees and military personnel of all activities and units engaged in minor construction, maintenance and repair functions at the training site on a year-round basis.
- Directs activities pertaining to planning, programming and executing of: construction, alteration, conversion maintenance and repair of the site's physical plant, including buildings, utilities, roads, parking and storage areas, bridges and other structures; and, the operation of utility systems, including electrical, water, sewage, storm drainage, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and ventilating systems.
- Conducts technical inspection of all types of facilities in need of maintenance or repair to determine materials required for minor construction projects to be accomplished by troop labor.
- Assists activity and military unit supervisors in effecting on-the-job training for their personnel by helping to establish task lists of practical projects in minor construction, maintenance and repair of facilities of the training site.
- Plans for material, equipment, and personnel requirements for completing scheduled work on a time-phased basis throughout the year consistent with availability of resources.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603047500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.