THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time Temporary Technician personnel (Tenure 0) and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform the of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of assemblies, system, and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft to include pre-inspection, daily inspection, pre-and post-flight inspections and such special inspections as required, including fuel contamination checks, oil sampling, an inspection of onboard emergency equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft.
- May be required to perform such additional duties as fire fighting, aircraft crash/rescue, snow removal, etc.
- Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
- Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft system, assemblies, and surfaces.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works inside and outside, in inclement weather, on icy, wet, and slippery ramps and work stands in temperature and humidity extremes. Work areas may be drafty, noisy and have toxic fumes present. Irritants such as aircraft fluids, dirt, grease, dust, paint and solvents may be present. Exposure to cuts, burns, electrical shock, strains, and broken toes exists.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, and work in tiring an uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts and carries times weighing 50 pounds and over.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603041300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.